Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Writing From The Dark Side

What is "writing from the dark side" mean? No, it doesn't mean writing the memoirs of Darth Vader. Sorry, Luke, I'm not your father. The best way I can describe it is when you write from a part of your brain that usually remains hidden; submerged in the depths of your subconsciousness, your dreams, or nightmares, or even just out of reach of reality but always a possibility. I dove head first into that part of my brain when I started writing my latest-someday-soon-to-be best seller.

It's very real on an everyday level then in a blink of an eye turns very dark, seductive, and fantastically adventurous. When I say dark I'm talking to the point of dangling the proverbial carrot in front of the horse dark. You know, tempting fate, selling your soul, walking with the devil kind of dark. Come to think of it, my heroine does walk with the devil in one chapter. She even tempts fate by falling in love with the wrong guy...not the devil, but certainly no angel. Well, maybe. You'll get a sneak peak on my website once I hit my goal page/word count. It's turning out better on paper than I had imagined in my head! I love it when creativity flows through my fingertips onto my keyboard.

Stay tuned; it's getting to the really good part!

No comments: