Thursday, August 21, 2008

Parking $5...

Another day off of work, another day home with the kids, another day of intermittent writing. The hubster and I drove out today to check on friends and family and to see if I had a job to go back to tomorrow. Here's what my workplace looked like earlier today:


The building checked out okay, but I'm not sure where we'll be parking! Maybe the business across the street will let us use their lot for parking and we can wade in to work:o)

The water in our neighborhood has gone down considerably, but the Lake Washington area is still a disaster. We drove to the store for essentials (i.e. baby formula, bread, ice cream...the essentials!) and found that the rest of Melbournites who were not flooded in were also at the store.

All in all, it was an uneventful day. I watched more of the Olympics, had some chocolate, watched Pirate's of the Caribbean...again, had some wings, watched a little more TV, put the little guy to bed, kissed my other boys goodnight, and now I'm writing. Tomorrow is another, hopefully brighter, day. Work in the afternoon at least, cards at a friends house, and some more writing. What are your plans?

No comments: