Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Letters to my boys


I've never been able to keep up with my sons' baby books, granted one of them is only 6 months old, so I came up with another way to cherish their childhood moments. A friend of mine got in on an "at home business" that is similar to the candles and makeup pyramids. This one, however, was all about family traditions. One particular product really stood out that I had to have. It's called "Letters to my dear sweet child" that is used like a memory box. You write a letter every year to your child, you can add pictures or mementos, and you keep them in this box until their 21st birthday. Twenty one days before they turn 21 you send them a letter every day then on their birthday you give them the letter for that year with the memory box. It's a really neat idea if you can (1) remember to write the letter, and (2) can write. Considering I write everyday, and I'm much better at expressing their childhood memories on paper than trying to squeeze it all in a baby book that only goes up to their first year, I'd say this will do perfectly. Now that we have two boys, my husband wants in on the letters to express how different it is raising a 10 year old compared to a 1 year old and what they will each go through that is similar and different at those ages. It's been really fun so far and I'm looking forward to seeing their faces when they are older as they read about themselves.

No comments: