Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Female Woman Dr.


It's that time of the year. I had my 6 month post partum check-up today. During the "female woman doctor" visit, my cell phone started beeping. This was to let me know I had a new text message. I ignored it, then BEEP BEEP BEEP it goes again a minute later! My Dr. looked up at me (hence I was lying back with my feet in the stirrups--not the fun horsey kind!) and asked, "Do you need to get that?" "No," I said and apologized for not turning my cell phone off. BEEP BEEP BEEP, again. What the..! So after ignoring the beeps and the following reminder tone (a loud version of a choochoo train!) the Dr. finishes up and I get dressed. We go over my BC method and I apologize for not turning my cell phone off again.

I get out to my Jeep and look at my phone...it's my husband. Nice. So I send him this text..."I'M AT THE VAGINA DR.! WAIT!" He got the picture. Then a few minutes later I get this text, "Well, how did your appointment go?" Are you kidding me?? He left himself wide open on that one. "South". Needless to say I followed up with a phone call to him once I got back to work. All went well and I'm still pushing for a hysterectomy or tying them suckers in a knot; I'm very happy with my two boys, but don't think I can handle another one any time soon!

The point of this rant is to push the issue, as is a dear friend of mine (LL), GET YOUR BOOBIES CHECKED! And get your annual OB/GYN appointment done. It's important that women are aware at all ages. Cancer does not discriminate, and there are too many 'female' problems that we tend to overlook. Take care of yourselves.

No comments: