Thursday, June 12, 2008

Is it just me?

Wow, the nerve of some people! Maybe it's just me. Have you ever been complimented by someone and it made you completely disgusted? I feel so mean saying this, but I was complimented by this person that (1) doesn't know me from Jack, and (2) gave me the heebiejeebies upon first impression. I'm talking Buffalo Bill, "It puts the lotion on it's skin..." kind of heebiejeebies. Have you ever felt that way about a person and had them compliment you only to make feel even more uncomfortable? I seriously wanted to run home and take a wire brush to my skin under scalding hot water!

Here I am, minding my own business in the store, when I see someone I do know from work standing in line. They say "Hey how's it going," and I wave. The person behind them, that I've never met before in my life, pipes up and says "Damn, you're looking good." I didn't respond. I kept walking and ended up just leaving because I was so disturbed by this person. Am I mean for feeling this way??

I don't think of myself as a snob, sometimes a bitch, but never a snob to look down on a person for the way the look. I like to think that I try to present myself in a classy manner, but I know I look the devil sometimes and hope people don't get the wrong impression of who I really am. However, a person can just give off bad vibes no matter what they look like. This was one of those people! So is it just me?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yep, totally get it. And it was totally wrong for that creep to say that to a complete stranger. Period. I would have raced away as fast as I could, right after giving him one of those famous go-to-hell looks I'm so good at. haha

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!!! I know I feel violated when I am in a similar situation! What gets me is the fact that those "people" have the balls to say anything at all-just slap a sticker on their forehead that says, "I'm an arrogant bastard."