Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No More Gloating...

Remember a few posts ago when I was gloating about the perfect weather here in Sunny Florida? Well, kick me. I am sitting here sneezing my head off from the pollen/ragweed that is floating amok in the air. I never had issues with my allergies until I had kids. I blame them. I also blame this perfect bloom-all-year-long weather we have.

Claritin D is my friend. I have a very important meeting this week that I cannot go to sniffling and sneezing every time I try to answer a question. That makes for a bad first impression, no?
After my sneezing rant I did a little research:

Tomorrow for Elm/Ragweed/Grass the count will be 9.4 which on a scale of 1-10 is a tornado followed by a four day hurricane! PFFFLT!

Thursday for Elm/Ragweed/Grass the count will be...get this, 5.0! If only I could switch the meeting date.

Now where is my allergy spray when I need it? While my northern friends complain of cold and rain with some snow already, I am here to tell you it's not always sunny in the Sunshine state; but for the majority that it is there are pollens lurking...waiting to attack your sensitive sinuses at the most inconvenient time!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

we've been dealing with miserable allergies here, too, only I think it's the mold from all the rain we've had. and whatever is hiding in all the leaves. Ugh!

Hope you get better soon and make it through your meeting without incident!

Kristen Painter said...

Wow, I'm so glad I don't have allergies. I hope you feel better soon!

Holly Lefevre said...

No allergies here..I don't think, thankfully! Hope you feel better soon.

Holly

Tracie said...

I know what you mean! My mom lives in FL and sometimes when I visit my allergies go nuts! I hope you dry up soon!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love Claritin too. That rag weed used to torment my mom to no end. She'd look like she had soap poured in her eyes. Feeling for you:) Have a great day. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Life Laugh Latte said...

We want you in our club! Thanks for coming by. Oh...and check out my sidebar next time to see the Movie Club we are starting. Cheers, Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com