- The Coffea plant is native to subtropical Africa and southern Asia
- Brazil remains the largest coffee exporting nation, but in recent years, Vietnam has become a major producer of robusta beans
- Coffee ingestion on average is about a third of that of tap water in North America and Europe.
- Coffee was initially used for spiritual reasons.
- Studies have shown apparent reductions in the risks of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, heart disease, diabetes mellitus type 2, cirrhosis of the liver, and gout.
The amount of bad vs. good effects of coffee is not enough to sway me from drinking it every morning. Hey, at least I don't smoke with my coffee...I save that for the afternoons when work has thoroughly run through my supply of patience ;-)
How do you get your mornings started?