Thursday, December 4, 2008

To write, or not to write...

From November 1st to November 30th I have written a total of 11,672 words. My goal was 5oK for the novel in a month challenge (which I failed miserably). However, since that time I have added another 11K (+/-) to the SAME novel! I've been on a streak these past couple of weeks with adrenaline induced scenes, passionate frustration between the main characters, and two deaths in the last chapter. I have a myspace account for friends and family that I posted a portion of the story to read and they want more. I'm going to give them more. I just don't know when!

How do I juggle the holiday chaos, the two birthdays I have to throw/attend, the shopping I haven't begun, the Christmas parties that start tomorrow night through the next three weeks, not to mention my day job?

So my question is, write or not? Wait for the chaos to disappear and start fresh in January? I want to be done by mid-January so I can submit and get a response before my birthday. It's a big deal for me this time as I'm reaaaaaalllly excited about this book and think with the right editing and strong ending it will be great.

I think I'll drink, I mean THINK on it this weekend and see what I come up with!

4 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I say write when you can fit it in, but don't stress if you can't. The holidays are nutty!

Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marty said...

I know that this is a bit forward of me to say but I think you need to continue writing while the spirit is upon you. Yes, I know that you can "start again" after the holidays are over. But, if you you can manage it then stand yourself on your head and continue.

When She Writes - She's Right!

Sissi M. said...

Kristen, stressed and distressed, I will wait for the house to go to sleep and fit it in:o)

Marty, that's not forward. It's the truth. Holding off until after the holidays is like waiting for New Years to quit smoking. I'm writing. Thanks!