Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arrg!!

Today's headlines that I actually bothered to open: Pirates Celebrate on Hijacked Ship. "A tense standoff at sea entered a sixth day Tuesday with U.S. warships and helicopters monitoring a cargo ship that's been hijacked by Somali pirates who want $20 million. The pirates said they were celebrating a Muslim feast aboard the Ukrainian-operated ship."

That's friggin' hysterical. It's like the teen movie version of Pirates of the Caribbean. "We are happy on the ship and we are celebrating Eid," pirate spokesman Sugule Ali told The Associated Press by satellite phone. Even funnier, they have a pirate spokesman. I want a pirate spokesman.

One of my current In The Works is titled A Pirate's Booty. This has given me the spark of inspiration I needed to get started on my 20 page goal this week. Yes, I know I write every night, but last night I had my first couple of chapters from my new critique partner to read. Sometimes writers need to read to remember why they're writing :o)

Cheers, Matey!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hysterical! I've been amused by that also, although in reality, I guess it isn't really amusing. But it's better than reading all this bailout crap!!