Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween Countdown!

It's beginning to look a lot like the Nightmare Before Christmas!  I love this time of year when the smell of pumpkin spice lattes wake me in the morning.  Yeah, it doesn't take much more than a strong cup of coffee to get me excited, however, there is a certain thrill to this time of year.  Halloween is the kickoff holiday for end of the year festivities. 

What makes it more exciting than the candy, the decorations, the trick-or-treating and parties?! Why, the COSTUMES of course!  I'm a sucker for an original costume idea and for three years in a row in some form of social media I have posted a list.  This year I am going to do things a little differently.  Instead of posting the 20+ costume ideas I am going to add a new idea each day to count down to Halloween.  Since today is already October 2nd here are the first two:

  1. English Muffin: Wear a size too small jeans so you have a muffin top, get a plain t-shirt and use a paint pen to color a British flag on it, and talk with a British accent.
  2. Afro-American:  A classic (and once worn by moi), wear an Indian outfit with an afro. 
This will be a good for all of my readers to share this post and have everyone send costume ideas that I will add each day.  Sadly, no costume will ever beat THE MAGIC 8 BALL:


Just sayin...

No comments: