To know me is to know my life never slows down, my house never goes completely quiet, and my boys NEVER stop teaching me how to raise them.
The latest lesson begins with a pumpkin spice candle and my wood floors. In the spirit of fall and the fast approaching festivities of the holidays I grabbed some yummy smelling candles for the house. My favorite being pumpkin spice, there were two large glass jar candles and three mini ones. They were burning for a good half hour to an hour so the top layer of wax had liquefied.
I soon discovered just how tall our three-year-old had gotten. The candles were sitting on the kitchen bar which is over 4 feet tall. His lanky arm reached up and grabbed one of the mini glass jars then dropped it onto the wood floor in the living room when he realized it was HOT.
In true Bam fashion he bolted from the scene of the crime screaming "Sorry!" Hubs tried to wipe it up, but as most of us know hot wax and paper towels are not a good combination. It splattered all over the walls too.
Let it cool. I let it sit overnight, driving Hubs' OCD into overdrive. After I dropped Bam off at daycare, where he could do the least damage, I swung by my favorite coffee shop for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Sipping on the yummy goodness, I grabbed a spoon, a broom, and the dust pan.