Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Writing Goals for 2009

I am a member of the best RWA chapter on the planet, Space Coast Authors of Romance. The group is full of fantastic writers and fun new friends. One of the things that has become tradition is making a list of goals for the following year and sending them to one of our successful chapter members to hold. At the end of the year, our annual Christmas party, we recap those goals to see how many we achieved--not to mention, we receive a neat little prize for accomplishing at least one of them.

My writing goals for 2009 are:

  1. make my list of goals and submit them! (done)
  2. enter at least 3 writing contests (1 down, 2 to go!)
  3. complete my current WIP by March (ahead of schedule on this one!)
  4. submit my manuscript
  5. judge a contest
  6. become PRO if not PAN qualified
  7. finish my office (writing in the nursery is getting old)
  8. make writing time a priority
  9. ask for help when i don't know what to do next with my writing
  10. accomplish ALL of these goals!

I'm off to a good start and will keep these posted as a list on my sidebar for a constant reminder of my goals. Do you write? If so what are your goals for 2009?

No comments: