Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deep Dish Critique Dilemma

I have a huge dilemma! Okay, so it's not that huge, but it's important to me. This Saturday is our next STAR meeting and not only do I have to read in front of all the wonderful writers in my group for the Deep Dish Critique, but I also have to pick which In The Works I'm going to read! I have a couple that have never been seen by anyone other than me. I'm not sure I want them to be heard either! Ha! So in lieu of my pending 'debut' of my writings to the group I will likely start yet another chapter of new stories.

Just as we've discussed before in meetings, the first chapter is usually just for the writer and can be deleted from the manuscript when submitted for publication. It's where the idea starts, the passion begins, the characters are born...but it's not always necessary information for the readers. Maybe that's why I'm so reluctant on these two pieces to be read or heard. Perhaps for now they are just for me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yeah, I don't envy you. Sorry!! =]