Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kicking it up a notch

It's hump day, and in my book that means finishing off the week a day early so I can prepare for my interview on Friday. I'm actually a little nervous. I jumped out of my chair and over my desk (clumsily over my desk!) when I received the phone call for the interview. I'm still ecstatic and almost anxious to get there and see what the job entails--besides the basic description they give you. I'm positive of my qualifications, and have the documentation to back it up, but am I really ready to take that step? Am I ready to leave a job I've known for four years to move into a field I've only studied? It's time to kick it up a notch and get my degree's worth. I know this. I know I have what it takes, and I know it's time to move on to more challenging adventures, but damn if I'm not scared.

What is your dream job?

How would you prepare for the interview?

What is a must DO for an interview?

What is a huge DON'T for an interview?

I'll post a post-interview blog on Friday. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Honestly, I think you've got to be yourself. Although I haven't been on an interview in ages. Best wishes!

I like this blog look. Except it makes me hungry. lol

Laura said...

Well, hopefully you don't open your mouth to talk and slip a burp in. You WILL BE FINE! Act professional, confident (b/c you KNOW you are THE SHIT), have brains (which you totally do) and give a firm handshake. And be sure to come blog when you're done!

Sissi M. said...

Kristen, thanks! I've figured out that if I were Superman chocolate would be my kryptonite.

Laura, now I'm nervous I'll burp in the middle of the interview!!! No Diet Dr. Pepper for me that morning!