I WILL WRITE EVERY DAY.
That's my first and foremost resolution. The rest are:
- Not only will I write everyday, but I will write a minimum of an hour everyday. This is to make sure my writing time becomes part of my daily routine. A block of time set aside with NO KIDS, DOGS, or HUBS. I love you boys, but mamma's gotta get her ink on ;-)
- No more Dunkin Donuts...Hubs bought me a new espresso/cappuccino maker that rivals the little bistro in Portugal where I fell in love with dark cup of sin in the first place. I vow to not only learn how to use it, but to use it often.
- Go golfing with hubs at least once a month; and that does not include Wii PGA Tour 10. He's already upset that my golfer is better than his.
- NO DIETS! I refuse to "diet" this year. The cost of food and gym memberships isn't worth the roller coaster of emotions trying to fit back in my size 8's. My phat ass is quite sexy in my 12's and as long as I get my normal ration of chocolate I'll be fine.
- Work out. No diet doesn't mean kill myself running everyday, but I still need to maintain a healthy heart. Heart disease is the number one killer of women my age so I resolve to work out at least three times a week. Not to mention I should be using that blasted Gazelle hubs bought me for Christmas. PFFFLT.
- Make it to Nationals. I'm the newly elected VP for our writing chapter; it seems fitting to go this year. Yeah...we'll see how this pans out with work, school, the academy, and of course my boys!
- Submit, submit, submit. I want to get four submitted this year, along with at least three contests. There's no other way to know if you're good enough unless you put yourself out there.
- Wear heels. I'm a flip flop chic with a fetish for shoes that I never wear. This year I resolve to wear heels at least once a week.
- Be confrontational. I usually avoid confrontation for the sake of keeping the peace, but this past year has proven that I let people, especially my job, take advantage of me when I should have stood up for myself. Guess what 'people'? I now have a pair, and I'm going to reach down and grab them every time you try to push me down. *whhhhiiiiichaaaaa*
- Last, and by far the least, I'm going to smile. Not all the time, just every so often. Just enough to make people paranoid at what I may or may not know, may or may not do.
Those are my 10 resolutions, all feasible.
*My muse is currently playing hide and seek so this will count for my writing today.