Monday, May 17, 2010

40 Days...and 40 Nights

Funny that today, the 40th day without a cigarette, it rains. It's not on the level of flooding the Earth and ridding the world of evil, but it certainly makes my lungs happy to know I can throw on my running shoes and hit the pavement without dreading every breath.

With the chaos of the past couple months, there were numerous excuses that rationalized having one. I didn't. I'm glad I didn't. Now I can focus on getting faster and stronger so I can reach my personal goal of beating my Marine Corps run time from 1997--ooof!

Now if you will excuse me I have to go curb my hubby's foul language (before our toddler starts saying it) as he rips the garbage disposal out from under the sink while covered in raw chop meat...oh yes, that blog will soon follow!

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Congrats! That's awesome news! Go you!

Anonymous said...

How is the nonsmoking going???