Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog-ish

I've been a bad blogger. My once a week (sometimes twice) routine of posting to the blogosphere has fallen severely short. Why? (Whether you ask or not) Because I've been reading all of my 'to read' books that I haven't, until now, had the time.

Here's three that I've finished since the first week from 2010 hell:

  1. I, Alex Cross by James Patterson
  2. Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton
  3. Fallen by Lauren Kate

My current re-read is Stephen King's Stephen King on Writing. His fundamentals (mechanics) about writing have basically put it in black and white...okay, literally put it in black and white for me.

Two years ago when I became a member of STAR I knew little to nothing about writing other than what I wrote. No clue. None. Now I have a pretty good idea what I'm writing and why I write it. I actually had a conversation with one of my main characters in a dream about where the plot needs to twist in my current WIP. One of the tips fellow members gave was to read different genres that I was interested in, even while writing. It keeps my mind busy during down time, but keeps my writing fresh as I continue with my daily goal.

Not to mention my love for curling up with a bag of Milanos, a cup of hot espresso, and a good book on an unseasonably cold day in the Sunshine state ;-)

1 comment:

Kristen Painter said...

On Writing is a great book. Very inspiring.